Wednesday, August 17, 2011

New Baby - Week 1 Menu

"Admiration Maternelle" by William Bouguereau

A family from church just had a baby, so we took them a meal on Sunday. The menu was:

  • Honey Mustard Chicken 
  • Spinach Kugel
  • Carrot Tzimmies 
  • Salad
  • Challah Bread 
  • Brownies
Because we weren't even home the two days before giving them the meal, we had to make it ahead of time and keep it in the fridge.

I pre-cooked the chicken and put it in a casserole with the sauce to marinade.
I lightly sauteed the carrots and drizzled them with honey, butter and spices.
I cooked the Pasta for the Kugel, and combined the wet ingredients in a jar to pour on when ready to bake.
Halfway through our church service I put everything in the church oven and put them on time bake.

There were a few hitches I ran into in making this meal. First, I ran out of eggs, so I had to modify my Bread recipe! :) Secondly, the first batch of Brownies I made didn't turn out to my liking, so I whipped up another batch right before going to church. Other then that, this turned out to be a very good make ahead meal that was flexible and delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment